Mark Romeo is a partner with the firm and a member of the Labor & Employment Group, as well as the firm's Litigation Group.
Mr. Romeo is a trial lawyer, but spends a significant amount of time advising and counseling clients in a variety of industries such as semi-conductors, securities, radio, live entertainment, construction, communications, medical device, and transportation.
Mr. Romeo has extensive experience, including several trials, representing companies in class action litigation and litigation generally in the areas of:
- Trade secrets/Lanham Act/State unfair competition, including Electronically Stored Information and related discovery issues;
- Computer Fraud and Abuse Act;
- Breach of Fiduciary Duty;
- Wrongful termination;
- Sexual harassment;
- Misclassification of employees/independent contractors;
- Executive compensation; and
Mr. Romeo's representative clients have included:
- AT&T Mobility, LLC
- Clear Channel Communications (NYSE: CCO)
- SFX Entertainment, Inc.
- Skyworks Solutions, Inc. (NASDAQ: SKWKS)
- Fidelity National Financial, Inc.(NYSE: FNF)
- Men's Wearhouse, Inc. (NYSE: MW)
- Cingular Wireless, LLC
- LG Electronics MobileComm USA, Inc.
Mr. Romeo has successfully represented these entities, as well as numerous other private and public companies, at trial and in various administrative settings, in a number of state and federal courts across the United States. This includes, but is not limited to, litigating against the Department of Labor (DOL), the California Labor Commissioner, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, and the Department of Fair Employment and Housing, as well as private plaintiffs.
Mr. Romeo also regularly advises and represents clients in connection with: DOL/state agency-based audits; Trade Secret/IP audits; best practices regarding Electronically Stored Information; drafting executive employment/compensation agreements; drafting employee handbooks, policies and codes of conduct; and conducting internal investigations. Mr. Romeo is also considered to be a thought leader on Alternative Fee Arrangements and other fee arrangements.
Prior to joining Crowell & Moring, Mr. Romeo was a partner at Pillsbury, Winthrop, Shaw Pittman, LLC, and an attorney with Brobeck Phleger & Harrison LLP and Littler Mendelson, P.C.