International Trade: Speeches & Presentations
Speeches & Presentations
- "Strategies for Meeting the New FINSA Requirements and Lessons Learned from Recent Transactions," Strafford Webinars (April 16, 2013). Panelists: Nova J. Daly, G. Christopher Griner, and Jonathan S. Kallmer.
- "Understanding the Food Safety Modernization Act's Impact on your International Supply Chain," Grocery Manufacturer's Association, Science Forum, Washington, D.C. (April 3, 2013). Presenter: John B. Brew.
- "Doing Business in India," New York City Bar (March 1, 2013). Presenter: Jonathan S. Kallmer.
- "Export Controls, Economic and Trade Sanctions: The Challenges and Risks," L2 Federal Resources Webinar (January 30, 2013). Presenters: Adelicia R. Cliffe, James (J.J.) Saulino, and David Wolff.
- "Using International Trade Law to Enforce International Arbitration Awards," The District of Columbia Bar (November 29, 2012). Panelists: Nigel Blackaby, Mélida Hodgson, Jean Kalicki, and Jonathan S. Kallmer.
- "Getting Customs Valuation Right," ACI's U.S. Customs Compliance Boot Camp, Washington, D.C. (November 27-28, 2012). Speaker: John B. Brew.
- "Solving International Business Challenges -- Maximizing Opportunities and Minimizing Risks," Association of Corporate Counsel CLE, Santa Clara and San Francisco, CA (November 13-14, 2012). Presenters: John B. Brew, Adelicia R. Cliffe, and Christopher Wilson.
- "Joint CPSC/Customs Inspections," Sporting Goods Manufacturers Association Webinar (June 21, 2012). Panelist: John B. Brew
- "Avoiding Anti-Corruption Violations During Customs Transactions" C5's 7th Annual Advanced Forum on Global Customs Compliance, in Brussels, Belgium (May 23-24, 2012). Co-Speakers: DJ Wolff, Alan W. H. Gourley and Laurent Ruessmann.
- "Recent Developments in U.S. Export Controls," 2012 SRA Western/Northeast Section Meeting, San Francisco, CA (March 19, 2012). Speaker: Christopher Monahan.
- IATA Legal Symposium, Sanctions Update Panel, Shanghai, China (February 7, 2012). Moderator: Lorraine B. Halloway.
- "Streamlining Your AML, OFAC, FCPA, Programs: Leveraging Existing Resources to Increase Efficiency and Reduce Costs While Ensuring Compliance," American Conference Institute's 2nd Annual Forum, New York, NY (January 25, 2012). Co-Speaker: Cari N. Stinebower.
- "The OFAC Licensing Process, Timeline and Criteria: How to Work with OFAC to Expedite Approvals," ACI's OFAC Bootcamp (December 2, 2011). Speaker: Cari N. Stinebower.
- "OFAC Enforcement Trends: Lessons Learned & the Road Ahead," West Professional Development Webinar (November 29, 2011). Speaker: Cari N. Stinebower.
- "Anti-Money Laundering, Terrorist Financing and Sanctions Compliance - Voluntary Good Practices for the U.S. Lawyer," National College of Probate Judges Fall 2011 Conference, GA (November 3, 2011). Speaker: Cari N. Stinebower.
- "Customs and Trade: The Price of Admission: Managing the New Import Regulation Model and Avoiding Pitfalls at the Border," Crowell & Moring Product Risk Management Seminar (October 19, 2011). Moderator: Laurent Ruessmann. Panelists: Leigh Schmid (Limited Brands); Alex Schaefer.
- "Global Consumer Product Safety: Strategic Issues in Compliance, Reporting and Negotiating with Multiple Product Safety Regimes," Crowell & Moring Product Risk Management Seminar (October 19, 2011). Moderator: Bridget Calhoun. Panelists: Marc Schoem (U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission); Sean Beckstrom (Graco Children's Products); Laurent Ruessmann; Laura Walther.
- "Investment Access to the EU and US Markets: Addressing Trade and Regulatory Barriers," Shenyang Conference, China (October 17, 2011). Speaker: Laurent Ruessmann.
- "International Law: Investor-State Arbitration in the Americas: Update on CAFTA and NAFTA," Joint Canadian Bar Association, ABA program, Toronto and Washington, DC webinar (October 13, 2011). Program Co-Chair and Moderator: Ian Laird.
- "2011 Dual-use Exporter Conference," European Trade Commission, Brussels, Belgium (September 20, 2011). Speaker: Laurent Ruessmann.