Crowell & Moring is an international law firm with approximately 500 lawyers representing clients in litigation and arbitration, regulatory, and transactional matters. The firm is internationally recognized for its representation of Fortune 500 companies in high-stakes litigation, as well as its ongoing commitment to pro bono service and diversity.
Year Founded: 1979
Firm Chairman: Kent A. Gardiner
Size: 500+ lawyers and professionals
Cairo (In association with Hegazy & Associates)
Riyadh (In association with Al-Enizy & Associates)
Practices: 20+ core practices and 16 main industry sectors
Consulting Subsidiary: C&M International
Recognition and Honors:
- Ranked 83rd on The American Lawyer 2013 "AmLaw 100" list of America's largest law firms.
- Recognized as best in class by clients and peers in Chambers USA with 45 ranked attorneys and 19 ranked practice areas in 2013.
- Ranked for excellence by The Legal 500 EMEA, Chambers Europe, and Chambers Global in practices, including corporate, competition, intellectual property, and international trade.
- Recognized in The Financial Times (FT) third annual "U.S. Innovative Lawyers" report for our ability to develop smarter initiatives to meet client needs and help them shape their businesses effectively. Also ranked as "highly commended" in intellectual property, business of law, and litigation.
- Named to Law360's Elite "Practice Group of the Year" listing for Government Contracts and White Collar.
- Consistently named to Law360's "America's Most Innovative Managing Partners" list.
- Listed among the top U.S. law firms for diversity in Minority Law Journal's 2012 "Diversity Scorecard" and as one of the top 100 law firms for diversity in Multicultural Law Review's 2012 rankings.
- Recipient of the prestigious Minority Corporate Counsel Association (MCCA) "Thomas L. Sager Award" for the Mid-Atlantic and Western Regions for our diversity efforts.
- Recipient of Women In Law Empowerment Forum's 2012 "Gold Standard" Certification which emphasizes the leadership roles achieved by female equity partners.
- Recognized for our "intimate involvement in deals," "cutting-edge cases representing Fortune 100 companies," and "friendly, collegial work environment" by Vault's Guide to the Top 100 Law Firms.
- Ranked 10th nationwide in the 2012 American Lawyer "Summer Associate Survey." The firm also ranked 4th in the Washington D.C. area.
- Recognized for our leadership in developing and implementing family friendly practices and policies by being named a 2012 Yale Law Women's "Top Ten Family Friendly Firm."
- Received a 100 percent rating on The Human Rights Campaign Foundation's (HRC) 2013 Corporate Equality Index (CEI).
- Named "Pro Bono Firm of the Year" by three organizations - the Tahirh Justice Center, the Capital Area Immigration Rights Coalition, and the Orange County, CA Public Law Center in recent years.
- Recipient of two California Lawyer Attorneys of the Year (CLAY) Awards. The recipients are recognized attorneys across the state whose achievements have made a profound impact on the law.
- Named among the "2012 Healthiest Employers" in Washington, D.C. by the Washington Business Journal.
- Recognized for our workplace environment and awarded Washington Business Journal's "50 Best Places to Work in Greater Washington" and the Bar Association of the District of Columbia's prestigious Constance L. Belfiore Quality of Life Award in the large law firm category for exceptional quality of life.