Crowell & Moring is an international law firm with approximately 500 lawyers representing clients in litigation and arbitration, regulatory, and transactional matters. The firm is internationally recognized for its representation of Fortune 500 companies in high-stakes litigation, as well as its ongoing commitment to pro bono service and diversity.
Year Founded: 1979
Firm Chairman: Kent A. Gardiner
Size: 500+ lawyers and professionals
Cairo (In association with Hegazy & Associates)
Riyadh (In association with Al-Enizy & Associates)
Practices: 20+ core practices and 16 main industry sectors
Consulting Subsidiary: C&M International
Recognition and Honors:
- Ranked 84th on The American Lawyer 2012 "AmLaw 100" list of America's largest law firms.
- Recognized as best in class by clients and peers in Chambers USA with 45 ranked attorneys and 18 ranked practice areas in 2012.
- Ranked for excellence by The Legal 500 EMEA, Legal 500 UK, Chambers Global, and Chambers UK in 17 practices including corporate, intellectual property, international trade, crime, and competition.
- Recognized in The Financial Times (FT) annual "U.S. Innovative Lawyers 2011" report as one of six "stand out" firms in the country under the "business of law" category as a leader for creative and proactive approach to the use of alternative fee arrangements (AFAs).
- Named to Law360's 2012 Elite "Practice Group of the Year" listing for Government Contracts and White Collar.
- Listed among the top U.S. law firms for diversity in Minority Law Journal's 2012 "Diversity Scorecard" and as one of the top 100 law firms for diversity in Multicultural Law Review's 2012 rankings.
- Recipient of the prestigious Minority Corporate Counsel Association (MCCA) "Thomas L. Sager Award" for the Mid-Atlantic and Western Regions for our diversity efforts.
- Recipient of Women In Law Empowerment Forum's 2012 "Gold Standard" Certification which emphasizes the leadership roles achieved by female equity partners.
- Recognized for our "intimate involvement in deals," "cutting-edge cases representing Fortune 100 companies," and "friendly, collegial work environment" by Vault's Guide to the Top 100 Law Firms.
- Ranked 9th nationwide in the 2011 American Lawyer "Summer Associate Survey."
- Recognized for our leadership in developing and implementing family friendly practices and policies by being named a 2012 Yale Law Women's "Top Ten Family Friendly Firm."
- Received a 100 percent rating on The Human Rights Campaign Foundation's (HRC) 10th annual Corporate Equality Index (CEI).
- Named "Pro Bono Firm of the Year" by three organizations - the Tahirh Justice Center, the Capital Area Immigration Rights Coalition, and the Orange County, CA Public Law Center in recent years.
- Recognized for our workplace environment and awarded Washington Business Journal's "50 Best Places to Work in Greater Washington" and the Bar Association of the District of Columbia's prestigious Constance L. Belfiore Quality of Life Award in the large law firm category for exceptional quality of life.